Would you like to contribute to the CIEP blog?
We are always looking for ideas and submissions for the CIEP blog, so read the information below and get in touch.
The CIEP blog aims to provide useful and entertaining content to enhance the lives of anyone interested in proofreading or editing, while promoting the work and activities of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading.
Anyone with an interest in editing and proofreading. Our ideal readers are professional editors and proofreaders, those wishing to pursue a career in editing or proofreading, and anyone who uses editors and proofreaders.
- Blog posts should be useful, interesting and add value to the lives of our target audience.
- Posts should be original, logical and easy to read.
- Any data, quotations, images and third party content should be properly attributed.
- Use links to point readers to other CIEP blog posts, the CIEP website, and other sources of additional information relevant to your content.
- Avoid being too self-promotional in your post. Save that for your author bio.
- The CIEP reserves the right to edit and adapt guest blog posts as we see fit.
Ideas for content
- ‘How to’ posts that clearly outline how to do something.
- Thought leadership posts outlining current trends.
- Professional development.
- Personal development and personal experience.
- Relevant statistics and numbers.
- In-house life.
- Freelance life.
- Useful hacks.
- Advice or tips.
- Book, software or equipment reviews.
- Anything that you find interesting or you think would be useful to editors or proofreaders.
Why write for the CIEP blog?
Writing a blog post for the CIEP can help raise your profile and establish you as an expert. You may even get some business out of it. Sharing your expertise by writing a blog post can also enhance your knowledge: the more you talk about a particular subject, the more you understand it.
Promotion and social media distribution
Links to new posts will be posted across the CIEP social media platforms. We encourage all our contributors and readers to share blog content across their own social media networks and personal websites.
Writing for the CIEP blog
If you would like to write an article for the CIEP blog, please read our guidelines for online articles.
Got an idea? Any questions? Get in touch with the information team: email@example.com