If you’re looking for a professional proofreader, editor or editorial project manager, or to build a team of editorial professionals, the SfEP Directory of Editorial Services provides details of the skills, subjects and services offered by around 700 SfEP members, a non-profit professional association.
Only Professional and Advanced Professional Members can advertise in the Directory – our top two tiers of membership – so you can be sure they have attained a certain level of competence and experience.
Here are some ways you can direct your search, using keywords:
- Search all members – members are listed alphabetically by first name.
- Search for either Professional or Advanced Professional Members only – again, members are listed alphabetically.
- Search geographically – most editors are happy to work remotely, but this could be helpful if you would like to find editors in your area, for example if you need them to work on site.
- Search by industry sector – for example fiction, academic, trade, charity, government, business …
- Search by subject specialism – anything from gardening, to finance, to science, to cookery; members often list broad subject areas, and some surprisingly specific ones!
- Search by software – almost all editors use Word and Adobe Reader or another PDF mark-up app, but many also have expertise in other editing, CMS and layout programs.
- Search for other skills – as well as proofreading and copy-editing, many of our members offer services such as project management, indexing, copyright clearance, research, localisation, translation …
- Search by client – many members list their recent clients, which can help you assess the fields they work in.
Did you find a good editor via the Directory? Do let us know!
The SfEP encourages companies and other organisations to add a link to the SfEP Directory on their intranets and websites. To make this as easy as possible, we’ve supplied the code to add to your site. See Linking to the SfEP Directory of Editorial Services.